Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bebek Bengil (Dirty Duck diner), Ubud- Bali

Earlier on, my dear told me that I looked stress and tensed. The reasons behind my tension was because of…………….DUCK! I’m serious. It was caused by duck! I read many reviews that Bebek Bengil’s smoked duck is a must-try dish when you are in Ubud. But there is a catch. The smoked duck required at least one day advance booking. Hmmm…of course i managed to pre-order or else this post won’t exist. *Grinned*

 

IMG_0594

 

The surroundings

IMG_0597

 

Walking towards our seats. I wish to dine in the hut but too bad, we didn’t.

IMG_0598

 

Best to arrive around 6.00pm – 6.30pm as the sun in Bali sets kind of early. You do not wan to miss out these beautiful atmospheres

IMG_0605

 

The restaurant is HUGE

IMG_0606

 

Paddy fields…Oh Ubud

IMG_0607

 

One of the huts

IMG_0608

 

Water fountain

IMG_0617

 

IMG_0621

 

Our table

IMG_0602

 

The Smoked Duck Set ( It came with satay, stir-fried vege, kerepok, white rice and juices) Rp187,000 (RM68). I wanted to order Crispy duck but the waitress asked me not too cause she said that this set would be more than enough for 2. Very true!

IMG_0629 

IMG_0626 IMG_0627

 

The meat was very succulent and it actually just fell off from the bone. Maybe some people might not like it as they put some special spices for marinating. For me, the smoked duck was nice, above average but nothing to shout about. At least now i know what were the Bebek Bengil raves all about. Hehe.

IMG_0625

 

Happy Birthday to you…
Happy Birthday to you…
Happy Birthday to Dear dear…
Happy Birthday to you..!

IMG_0639

 

Quick dear! Make a good long wish ok?

IMG_0640

 

So full……………

IMG_0645

** Bebek Bengil is a walking distance from Tegal Sari. 10-15 minutes depends on your pace. Too bad I’m a slow snail.. Remember ya, only the smoked duck required one day booking in advance. The rest no need. Cheers~

 

Bebek Bengil, Ubud, Bali:

Padang Tegal
Phone: (62-361) 975 489
Fax: (62-361) 975 546

No comments:

Post a Comment