Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Favola – 2nd Anniversary Dinner

Special message for my sweetheart: “Its been 730 days we spend our lives together as one ♥. Though the journey was rough in certain times, im glad its you that i share my journey with. Thank you so much dear for the memorable dinner and i will love you till the day we both part from this world”.

As usual, he is always reluctant to tell me where we are going to dine until the very last minute. But this time, I’m smarter. I managed to dig some information by asking “What should i wear?”, “where is it? Is it formal?” but still half-failed, half-succeed.

Location revealed! Favola – Le Meridien Hotel. Awww… this is what you will see imprinted on the lift’s door. Favola means fable in Italian and the experience begins as the diner walks through the open galleries into a rustic Italian setting reminiscent of the renaissance era. Very true indeed.

IMG_5178 IMG_5169

The ambience

IMG_5168IMG_5120 IMG_5155

The aroma of freshly baked complimentary bread and the texture was superb! (Served with 3 dipping sauces)

IMG_5109 IMG_5112

(As I’m writing this, my stomach is growling like mad…T T) How can you not have scallops served on cauliflower as risotto topped with truffle as appertizer? How can??? The scallops were cook to perfection and cauliflower sauce did a great job in enhancing the sweetness of the scallops. We almost "lick” the whole plate squeaky clean until the waitress came and took it away *sniff*

IMG_5114I ordered Conchigliani Marinara al Cortoccio (baked in parcels with seafood in tangy tomato sauce, extra virgin olive oil, fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese) for my main course. Shelly-pasta! Another wonderful dish. Well-done chef!

IMG_5130

Honestly, I forgotten what my dear ordered but if i’m not mistaken, that would be Lamb xxxxxx. (forgive me T T). Do not underestimate the side dishes, the mash potatoes was buttery creamy while the mushroom salad was..uhm…delicious! The lamb, did i need to mention? Very well executed of course.

IMG_5137 IMG_5142

It’s desserts time!!! We ordered Panna Cotta (almond custard cream, minestrone of fruit, sugar veil and orange wafer) and Cassata (“This recipe was given to me by a friend, an Italian chef. He made me swear on a stack of ice cream that I would never reveal his recipe.”) . *Two thumbs up*

IMG_5162 IMG_5163

This is a dining place that worth coming back for. Really looking forward in tasting other surprises in the menu…*grin*. Ciao~

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur
2 Jalan Stesen Sentral
Kuala Lumpur Sentral
50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel : +603 2263 7434
e-mail :
dining.lmkl@lemeridien.com

No comments:

Post a Comment