Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentine’s Dinner @ PRIME, Le Meridien

Few months back, me and my dear had discussion where to have our little Valentine’s dinner and for us, we prefer to dine days after as most of the places were overpriced. He told me that it would be Favola (click here) where we had our anniversary dinner. I don’t back going back at all for the second time. Love the food there so much.

IMG_9728

 

As we entered the lift (already in Le Meridien), my dear turned to me and said “ I got a confession. We’re not going to Favola”. He knows that I’m a person with expectation and he loved to see me in daze. When the lift’s doors opened, what i saw was a buffet spread. Slightly crowded and thinking to my self “ Is this how we going to spend our Valentine's?”. He reached out for my hands and pulled through the crowd and here we are, standing in front of PRIME. Oh my god! It’s PRIME. *Blinked*. It’s really PRIME. The place that i heard so much about…..

IMG_9723

 

I’m still overwhelmed by the surprise. Stoning. Mesmerized and excited like hell.

IMG_9699

IMG_9703 

The wines showcase

IMG_9701

 

Love the setting and open concept kitchen. Pity the chefs as they hardly got any privacy.

IMG_9620

IMG_9621 IMG_9634

 

Creative huh? Uncle stoning! IMG_9627

Hungry~ Hungry~ Let’s order. Since i was first time here, without any expectation, researches and i am actually quite lost. As usual, my sweet darling guided me through the whole ordering process step-by-step.

1. Choose the choice of meat that you like.

2. Types of sauces were available and its complimentary.

3. Pick your favorite side dishes and please bare in mind, the price is based on per dish basis and comes in a huge portion.

We were served complimentary breads. Whole grains and chili flakes together with 3 spreads. Love the butter texture and taste.

IMG_9608

IMG_9609

 

For starters, my dear ordered Australian crab cakes, chili flakes, garlic sauce and mango salsa (RM55).

IMG_9628

We loved the crab cakes so much. It goes very well with the garlic sauce which infuse the flavors of the crab meat. Happy to say that it was a solid patty crab cakes. Worth it!

Here comes the main course. BLACKMORE Is an Award Winning 100% Full Blood Japanese Wagyu Beef. Blackmore Wagyu Beef achieves a consistent high marbling score of 9+ (Australian highest score) The marbling melts at room temperature, giving the meat its ‘melt in the mouth” moisture and tenderness (source: Le Meridien Menu)

 

Blackmore Wagyu D Rump 8oz / 220g (RM188)- Medium Rare

IMG_9637

My dear’s choice. He loved the texture. Chewy and charred on the outside while remain juicy inside. He requested for medium rare doneness but we felt its medium. Overall, we loved it!

 

AUSTRALIAN BLACK ANGUS – 200 DAYS GRAIN FED Ribeye  8oz / 220g (RM120)

IMG_9645

As for my serving, i loved every single bit of it. Perfectly executed. Just the way that i wanted and the taste fulfilled the imaginary the taste that i had in my mind. Texture was so succulent inside. Pinkish red! Yummmm!

 

IMG_9640

IMG_9650

We opted for Béarnaise sauce (butter and eggs), Smoked garlic sauce (thumbs up) and Argentinean chimichurri dressing. However, i preferred my lovely steak to be “naked”.

 

Truffle mashed potato (RM15) and Saffron rice risotto (RM15)

IMG_9642

The mashed potato was fantasticabula! Oh so heavenly. Soft texture, buttery, not too soft till watery, perfectly mashed till you can’t even taste a lump of potato. My words are not good enough to justify how fine this potato taste like. On the other hand, maybe the earthy flavor of saffron doesn’t suit our palette and a bit tasteless to our liking.

After eating all the breads, starters and main course, we’re a bit full but i still want DESSERTS!!!!

 

Illy coffee flavoured tiramisu with foamy mascarpone cream (RM30)
(Sambuca liquor upon request only)

IMG_9670

A bit bitter for our liking but not bad. What a great way to end the dinner.

 

IMG_9652 IMG_9677

IMG_9706 IMG_9711

IMG_9734

Note to dear: You cubit me but i still love you. Thank you so much for the wonderful surprised. I love every single bit of the moment that i spent with you. And sorry for the total damage of RM5XX that it caused you.

Happy Valentine’s Day 2011 Honey Baba. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment